Saturday, September 13, 2008

A month, Seriously???

I can't believe it has been a month since I blogged last. I am way out of the loop. It isn't like I have just been sitting on my rear either. This may be a very long boring blog, but I have kind of been using it like a journal so you have to have a recap of the whole month.

My bff Ashley and her husband Josh adopted the cutest baby ever. Her name is Shana Rae and we are so happy to have her in our family. She is a sweetheart!!!

I packed up my house, and officially moved out...the house in Payson is empty and the keys have been turned in. Here is Sam & E playing in the empty house.

That Labor Day weekend was crazy...I had to pack and be ready to move out of my house, I had a bunch of family in from Seattle, and I threw a party for Josh and Ashley. Steven had a football game on Friday night, and he had an amazing game. We have so much fun going to watch the Lions. We got our jerseys on and even had a little face painting fun.
3rd Quarter started, and Steve went up for a fabulous catch and well...came down on his shoulder....he broke his collar bone, don't worry he didn't drop the ball. I was in tears. He was out last season due to knee surgery, and now this. I guess he was not meant to play football no matter how good he is
.

Then there was Onion Days in Payson which is against the rules to miss.
As you can tell the rain was about to start. Luckily Steve was on float #19, and the rain started right after he went by so we took off. Don't tell anyone we didn't watch the whole thing. This is a dark picture of the float, but we needed proof that we were there.

I got everything moved into the new townhome in AF as well. Crazy...and I was going to give details of the fun stories, but now it is so after the fact that you should have just been there. You see Ashley and Josh are my ex-husband's cousins. Ashley became my best friend so I threw this party for her, and all of the ex-inlaws were there. Love them and miss them, but boy was it emotionally draining. Glad that weekend is over!!!

The kids have their own rooms in their new home but this is what I found on that first morning.

They actually love being home. They have never asked if they could just hang out at home. Life is pretty darn good. Check out our theater room. These really aren't our posters, but this was the room before we moved in.
Speaking of movies...my brother's movie came out in theaters here in Utah. Fly Boys is a good family movie and he is amazing. Go and support him..and if you need someone to go with I am always up for the night out.
I should leave this for Trish to blog, but I am just grateful that her and her family are okay and doing well in Houston. She was very blessed. A tree landed in between her garage and the house. It could have been so much worse. Love you Tirsh, and I miss you tons. Can't wait til you move home away from those horrible hurricanes! (I had a picture but messed up the download.)
Hope everyone is doing swell....I now have internet at home so I should be back in this lovely blogging world!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like Payson, but I am so glad you are out of the "Little House On The Highway". Your new place in A.F. is wonderful. Plus, it sure is a whole lot closer. I hope you can get along with your new roommate. I do hear however, that he is hardly ever home.

Love ya,
Grandpa

Ireland Fam said...

Thanks sis. Hurricane's stink. It will never feel the same when I hear that another one is going to hit. You just don't get it until it happens to you. Thanks for your love and support. I'm trying to upload my pictures but my in-laws computer is SUPER slow, so keep checking.

Anonymous said...

I too love Payson, but I am glad you moved into a nicer place. Your family deserves it. I am also greatful that Trish and her little family survived the Hufficane's.

Love you all,
Aunt Jody